Saturday Series – 03 :
Online services to avail subsidy (incentives) from
Department of Industries, Labour & Energies, Govt. of Maharashtra.
As we have seen in our Saturday Series – 02 that we can avail about 40 different types of services from 12 different Govt. authorities through Maitri – https://maitri.mahaonline.gov.in/ – a single window online services portal of Govt. of Maharashtra.
One of the said services is to avail subsidy (incentives) from Department of Industries, Labour & Energies, Govt. of Maharashtra & online procedure in this regard is as follows :
Stage 1 : Creation of Entrepreneurs Profile :
This stage seeks KYC information related to the enterprise as such & is divided in to 3 parts. Information sought in each stage is as follows –
- Part 1 : Name of the enterprise, its type of constitution, incorporation related certificate as issued by appropriate authority (if any), PAN Card etc.
- Part 2 : Address details of Enterprises including address of Head Office, Registered Office, Regional Office etc.
- Part 3 : Details of stakeholders / partners / directors of an organization with particulars related to their holding in the company.
Stage 2 : Unit Profile :
This stage seeks information related to each individual unit of an enterprise. So, if an enterprise is having, say, 4 units, applicant has to prepare 4 unit profiles – separate for each unit. In general terms, information sought in each stage is as follows –
- Part 1 : Status of the unit, name of the unit, its location address & employment details (Proposed as well as existing employees)
- Part 2 : Details of finished products along with its NIC codes, installed manufacturing capacity of each product etc.
- Part 3 : Details of raw material required in manufacturing process along with required quantity of each raw material / consumables.
- Part 4 : Proposed investment under each head of an asset. In case of expansion cases, investment details in pre-expansion as well as post-expansion stage are sought.
- Part 5 : Other requirements like electricity load, its proposed annual unit consumption as well as water requirement, its sources etc. are asked for.
- Part 6 : In this stage, information about licenses / permissions / consents etc. already availed as well as applied for & yet to be applied along with supportings, wherever possible, are to be given.
- Part 7 : Annual turnover of the unit for previous 3 financial years is asked for.
Stage 3 : Availing of online services :
After successful creation of Entrepreneur’s Profile & Unit Profile, an applicant can avail various online services as listed on the portal.
As of now, following services for availing benefits w. r. t. Package Scheme of Incentives-2013 (PSI-2013 Scheme) can be availed –
- Stamp Duty Exemption Certificate – Land Purchase :
If unit is going to purchase / get on lease industrial land for its manufacturing unit, in normal course, unit has to pay stamp duty on conveyance / lease deed at applicable rates. This stamp duty can, subject to terms & conditions of PSI-2013 Scheme, be waived off.
- Stamp Duty Exemption Certificate – Mortgage :
If an applicant unit wants to raise term loan for acquisition of fixed assets (factory building / machinery / electrification etc. etc.) for it’s manufacturing unit & if for that purpose lending bank requires to execute mortgage deed, borrower unit has to pay stamp duty on such mortgage deed. So, with this benefit option, an applicant unit can, subject to terms & conditions of PSI-2013 Scheme, waive off stamp duty otherwise required to be paid on such transaction.
- Package Scheme of Incentives, 2013 :
A newly set up industrial unit or an existing unit undertaking modernization / expansion of its manufacturing capacities or diversification in its products can, subject to provisions of the Scheme, be entitled various benefits (in the form of VAT / GST benefit, interest subsidy benefit, power tariff subsidy & other benefits) under PSI-2013 Scheme. On completion of said process, an Eligibility Certificate is issued to an applicant unit confirming various benefits entitled to it & terms & conditions subject to which said benefits are entitled.
- Industrial Promotion Subsidy :
An eligible unit who has received eligibility certificate under the Scheme, can apply for obtaining various benefits (in the form of VAT / GST benefit, interest subsidy benefit, power tariff subsidy & other benefits) as entitled to the concerned unit & mentioned in Eligibility Certificate issued to it. These benefits can be availed for each financial year / period over a full benefit period as mentioned in Eligibility Certificate issued to the unit by an appropriate authority of Directorate of Industries.
Moreover, raising of queries with regard to the proposal & solving of the same in time bound manner is executed on online only.
Also, availability of online services related to many more various subsidy schemes as launched by Govt. of Maharashtra shall get increased over a period of time.
#PSI-2013 #PackageSchemes #StampDutyExemption #IndustrialPromotionSubsidy #Industrialsubsidy #StampDutyBenefit #PSI2013
For additional details in this regard, contact us on 8329462676 / 9130083901
Next Episode :
Saturday Series 04 : Subsidy benefits for manufacturing of Electric Vehicles.
To download above information in PDF file, click here – 03 – Maitri Website – DI